Sunday, January 30, 2011

Super Bowl Party Food

In just one week thousands of fans will descend upon our city for Super Bowl XLV-something or other. I, as you may have guessed, am not really a football fan. Its just not my thing. But I do share their enthusiasm for one thing- the food. Give me a bowl of chili, some pizza, or my mom's famous chicken wings and I might be able to sit through a play or two.

So I thought I'd do a roundup for those of you planning your Super Bowl Sunday feast. Here are a few of my favorite munchies that would be great for game day:

Stuffed JalapeƱos
Hank's Tomatillo-Avocado Dip
The Hungry Texan's Ultimate Italian Sub
Gasp! Chili with Beans
Spiced Tortilla Chips
Queso Flameado
Hank's Roast Beef Sandwiches

Oh, and don't forget the beverages! Only beer will do,

Michelada

2 comments:

  1. I'm probably the only person in the Metroplex who doesn't like football OR beer, so I could pass on the whole Superbowl thing. But I can chow down on some chili with beans any day of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had Chili AND Beer last night, with cornbread and it was excellent, as usual. Superbowl? Meh. Whatever.

    ReplyDelete