Saturday, January 8, 2011

Melissa Guerra Tienda de Cocina


I know most of us probably still have the after-Christmas shopping blues but it never hurts to look, right? I won't be doing any real shopping anytime soon but I thought I'd share this new to me kitchen resource.

Melissa Guerra's Tienda de Cocina is based out of San Antonio, TX. The next time I pass through I'm going to make sure I stop by, as I'm sure the store has a much bigger and better selection than the online offerings. But don't get me wrong, there's plenty in the online store to drool over.

My current favorite is the line of Pomaireware they carry, handcrafted by artisans in Chile. I hinted to Hank to get me a set of these bowls for Christmas, and he delivered! I love them, they look primitive yet modern at the same time and have a wonderful earthy quality to them. And they smell of clay- the perfect vessel for a serving of frijoles or warming caldo.

Visit Melissa's store here.

1 comment:

  1. Great store! I loved the pan dulce stamps. I also loved the Dia de los Muertos papel picado and the silver necklace that is designed to look like it. My daughter collects Dia de los Muertos items, and I'm going to have to get both those things for her.

    ReplyDelete