Sunday, December 19, 2010

Cinnamon Rum Pecans


These pecans have become a recent Christmas-time must have in our family. My mom requests them each year and her and my dad have been known to hoard them, keeping their stash from my little brother and sister. It's no wonder, these Cinnamon Rum Pecans are wildly addictive, crisp and sweet with warm notes of cinnamon and spiced rum; the perfect seasonal treat. I think I ate 15- or fifty, while I snapped this photo. This year I plan on making a quadruple batch, plenty to munch on (I've been known to hoard them too!) and give to friends and family alike.

Cinnamon Rum Pecans
(printable recipe)

4 c pecan halves
1 egg white
1 tbsp. spiced rum (I like Sailor Jerry)
1/2 c sugar
1/2 tsp.cinnamon

Beat the egg white until foamy. Add the rum and stir well. Toss the pecans and in the egg white mixture to ensure they are evenly coated.
Sprinkle the sugar and cinnamon over the pecans and toss to coat. Spread the pecans on a lightly greased baking sheet in an even layer. Bake at 250 degrees for about an hour, check periodically and stir to make sure they don't stick or become scorched.

Looking for other gift worthy treat ideas? Here are a few that may make it into my holiday goodie bags:

Eggnog Fudge
Chewy Pecan Pralines
Peanut Brittle
Gingerbread Caramels
Bigger in Texas Pillow Cookies

Hopefully I'll have time to share a few more before the end of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment