Saturday, October 9, 2010

Tequila Sunrise


Ahh..tequila. I've been meaning to share this simple recipe with you for a while. The Tequila Sunrise is one of my favorite tequila drinks after a long day or even a not so long day. Try these with brunch (there's orange juice in there!) or just as a nice change from your usual margarita.

Tequila Sunrise
(printable recipe)

for each glass:
1 shot tequila
1/2 c orange juice
1/4 c pineapple juice
1-2 tbsp. grenadine
maraschino cherry garnish

Fill a rocks glass* with ice. Add tequila, then orange juice, and finally pineapple juice. Pour the grenadine down the side or along a cocktail stirrer. It should sink to the bottom and create a nice sunrise effect. Garnish with a maraschino cherry.

*Tequila Sunrises are typically served in a larger highball glass. I'm a bit of a sipper so I prefer the smaller rocks glass so the ice doesn't water down the drink. Also the pineapple juice is my own addition, if you don't have it use all orange juice. Lastly, use a good quality tequila, I had a nice mezcal, Lajita brand I believe. The quality of the tequila makes all the difference in this drink.

2 comments:

  1. Boy, I am thirsty now!! YUMMY!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I suggest to add a strong añejo tequila, that would reduce a little the excess of sweet flavor, try something like tequila amor mío or milagro!

    ReplyDelete