Friday, July 23, 2010

Prickly Pear Tequila Granita


I saved a bit of juice from my Prickly Pear Agua Fresca to make a little treat in honor of tomorrow, National Tequila Day.

I've been wanting to try a granita with a bit of liquor to see how it affected the freezing, and I have to say it worked just how I wanted. The liquor keeps the granita from getting a hard freeze, so it ends up being a really nice, smooth slush. Not to mention tasty and a little boozy. I'll definitely be enjoying this Saturday afternoon.

Celebrate Tequila!

Prickly Pear Tequila Granita
(printable recipe)

2/3 c prickly pear juice (see Prickly Pear Agua Fresca for instructions)
2 tbsp. sugar
1-2 tbsp. tequila
1 tbsp. fresh squeezed lime juice

Combine all and taste for sweetness. You may add more or less tequila if you like, I used 2 tablespoons to get this consistency.
Freeze in a shallow dish and stir every 20 minutes until slushy. Depending on your freezer it may take up to an hour. I froze this overnight and it was easy to scoop right from the freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment